Welcome to Marysville Fire District
We are deep into Summer and the activities of the previously docile have accelerated into a near fevered pitch; its time to consume some fun and sun! Do partake in the great outdoors, celebrate the long hours of daylight, and play like the sun's going away! But of course, be cognizant of your limits, the limits of your equipment, and the limits of the others you are with. We all want this summer to be remembered for the fun we had not the pain we shared... so stay safe! Hydrate hydrate hydrate! Be careful of too much sun exposure, watch for wandering critters, and consider you're next three steps before taking the first toward whatever action you are considering; just a little forethought can avoid large disasters! Remember, have fun, enjoy the sun, but safety; one.
To enjoy the riches of grilling beware when you grill to prevent unwanted incidents. Never leave your grill unattended and follow these easy safety tips to prevent incidents:
- When using barbecue grills on decks or patios, be sure to leave sufficient space from siding and eaves.
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
- Keep children and pets far away from grills.
- With charcoal grills, only use charcoal starter fluids designed for barbecue grills and do not add fluid after coals have been lit.
- With gas grills, be sure that the hose connection is tight and check hoses carefully for leaks. Applying soapy water to the hoses will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and have the grill repaired by a professional, if necessary.
The Marysville Fire District wishes everyone a safe and enjoyable Summer!.
Though every effort is made to ensure that an accurate and timely depiction of relevant information is presented here, errors and omissions are possible. As such, statements on this web site are for informational purposes only, and should not be construed to dictate District Policy or Orders. All statements made here need to be verified by the reader.
Time to retire your old US Flag?
The American Legion Post 178 in Marysville would be proud to properly dispose of your old and tattered United States of America flag. Your flag can be dropped off into a converted US Mail Box in their front entry area, 24 hours a day. The flag mail box is located at 119 Cedar St. (south of 2nd and Cedar, behind the Marysville Mall.) They would appeciate a note indicating the history of the flag if you desire, but its not required.